Please note that posts on this site may contain affiliate links
Last Updated on
Samhain is upon us, and one of the activities that witches do on this spooky holiday is try to divine the future. This spell asks Hekate to protect you while you try to see the future. Hekate’s power is especially strong at this time of year.
This spell does not need to be done on Halloween, as Samhain is more of a season than a specific day. You can perform this spell until mid-November and have exceptional results.
Before performing this spell, remember that divining the future isn’t straightforward. You will have to notice signs, omens, and thoughts bubbling up from within you. You can strengthen your intuition by carrying crystals like amethyst or by making a tea with herbs like mugwort, black tea, and chamomile.
- Dog statue
- Doorway that looks out into darkness (either into a dark room or out into the dark night)
- Black candle
- Black mirror
- Somewhere to hang the mirror
- Place the dog statue on the other side of the door so that it will guard you and stop anything evil from entering your room. This dog will be Hekate’s representative during this ritual. If you hear the howling of dogs, take that as a warning and shut the door and abandon your attempt to see the future.
- Place the mirror directly opposite of where you will be standing, so that you will be looking into it.
- Step back into the other room and grab your candle.
- Light your candle and hold it while you close your eyes and prepare yourself to look into the mirror. Turn off the light in the room you are standing in. You should be in complete darkness.
- Before looking into the mirror, direct your energy to the dog statue. Say to it, “Hekate, through this dog statue, protect me.”
- Listen to your intuition. If you don’t feel safe, do not continue with the spell.
- Gaze into the mirror with half lidded eyes and allow yourself to see whatever the mirror shows you. Feel your emotions, consider every thought that pops into your head.
If you try this spell, please let me know how it goes in the comments below! Many blessings to you this season!