Please note that posts on this site may contain affiliate links
Add Yule to your bullet journal with these witchy journal prompts. These are the perfect writing prompts for journaling in cold weather to collect your thoughts on witchcraft and paganism.
There’s a lot of thoughts and different opinions on magick and witchery. Everyone disagrees on everything, it seems like.
Some people say that it matters what words you say; others, just say what you like. Some say you have to rhyme, others say you have to know the numerology. There’s one thing that almost everyone agrees on: Writing in your journal is one of the most important things you can do.
Keeping records of rituals. Writing records of dreams. Maintaining records of your mood and your hopes and what you’re doing to achieve your goals. It doesn’t matter if it’s a bullet journal, or a planner, or a bunch of scraps of paper you stuff into a manila envelope, you should be keeping records.
But while it’s easy to say that, it’s a lot harder when you’re staring at an empty page, wondering what to do. There are many things you can do, but one of the most easiest and most common is to use journal prompts to kick-start your entries.
- What’s better (and why): being too hot, or too cold?
- What’s my favorite hot beverage on a cold night? What do I love about it?
- Write a poem from the perspective of a snowflake falling to earth. What does it see, hear, smell, feel?
- How is winter special to me? Further, what can I enjoy this time of year more than any other?
- What am I most looking forward to about Spring and the coming year?
- Write about your favorite coat.
- What is my favorite winter or snow day memory from child hood?
- What does winter mean to me?
- Write a love letter to spring.
Yule Journal Prompts
- What’s coming to an end in 2022? What am I looking forward to starting, or re-committing to, in 2023?
- How can I make 2023 a success? What is it that I truly desire in the coming year?
- What am I doing to heal myself, in this season of rest, repose and recuperation?
- How can I find meaning as a Witch in a society dominated by the Christmas holiday?
- What does it mean to celebrate Yule as a pagan religious practice, as Christmas becomes increasingly commercialized?
- What is my favorite part of celebrating Yule? How is a Yule celebration special, rather than a Samhain, Beltane, or Lughnasad celebration?
- What can I do to honor the sun and its influence on my life?
- What am I learning from the growing darkness of winter?
- What does my highest self desire in the next year?
- What can I do to recommit myself to living a more spiritual life in 2023?
Will you be using any of these prompts in your pagan bullet journal? Do you write about the wheel of the year in your journal?
Reflecting On The Past Year
I’m not going to lie – this has been a tough year. The world is changing at light speed, and we’re all feeling the impact. It’s hard to keep track of everything happening around us, but if we write down our thoughts, feelings, and fears, they will become less overwhelming.
You can increase the holiday spirit by writing down your favorite memories from the year.
Traveling at Christmas
Your journal is a great place to keep your travel plans for Christmas. Keep track of your budget, plans, who you want to see, and what you want to do while traveling during the Christmas & holiday season.
Activities at Christmas
Your journal is a great place to write down your favorite family holiday traditions. Family traditions are so important to having a happy Yule. Whether you get into the creative holiday spirit with baking and decorating your favorite holiday cookies or you put on your favorite holiday movie!
In your journal, write down every activity and tradition that brings you joy during the Christmas & holiday season.
Decking the Halls
Use your journal to plan your decorating! Decorating your home helps to spread holiday cheer, and you can keep your decor organized by writing everything down.
Color plays such a big role in the holiday season. If you’re struggling to come up with a color scheme for your home, take some inspiration from the colors used in traditional decorations.
For example, reds and greens are often associated with Christmas. White is another popular choice. But there are many other options as well.
Your holiday gatherings will be more fun and beautiful with well-organized decorations!
The holidays are all about spending quality time with loved ones. That means making sure you eat well so you don’t feel like you’re missing out on anything.
I don’t know about you, but planning dinners for the family holiday get-togethers really stresses me out. I only barely survive by writing it all down in my journal. Protect your holiday happiness by emptying your brain of all those stressful plans.
Budgeting for Christmas?
Bullet journals are popular for keeping track of budgets. You can keep track of savings and what you spend on food, Yule gifts, and decor right in your bullet journal! Check out some journaling videos to get a good idea of how you can do this.