Please note that posts on this site may contain affiliate links
This birthday spell will help you close the gap between you and another when you must be far away. Whether you choose to use this birthday spell while we are doing social distancing, or just when you live far away from someone, it will help you both to feel close to one another.
This birthday spell uses just a few ingredients and a simple chant to tie your hearts together for just a moment. You can celebrate someone’s birthday with them in spirit, even if you can’t celebrate in person!
This spell will be especially helpful now that we are seeing each other less due to the coronavirus. I did this spell once a long time ago, though, to celebrate my best friend’s birthday.
She was living in another country, too far for me to travel with my very limited budget. I cried a lot about that situation! But this birthday spell helped us both to feel close together.
Learn how to bless a loved one on their birthday, even when you can't be near them.
Long Distance Birthday Spell
The purpose of this birthday spell is to both connect your spirits (essentially, give the other person a spiritual birthday hug) and draw blessings to the person celebrating their birthday.
Do your best to be positive while you are performing this spell. Meditate for a few moments and take your mind off of any anxiety or negative feelings. You can return to your negativity after, but you don’t want to send that to someone celebrating their birthday!
- 1 cupcake, decorated by your hand
- 1 candle
- 1 crystal (of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Take the salt in your right hand. Visualize that salt absorbing and eating all negativity from you and from the person celebrating their birthday.
- Once the salt has eaten all of the anxiety and negativity from both of you, throw it over your shoulder while saying, “Begone, begone, begone!”
- Take the cupcake, well decorated by your hand, and light the candle.
- Take the crystal and circle it clockwise around the cupcake.
- Say “With this crystal, may (name) receive blessings. With this flame, may (name) receive energy. With this cupcake, may (name) receive all they desire. On (name)’s birthday, so mote it be.”
- Snuff the candle (do not blow it out) and leave it on your altar or somewhere safe.
- After 24 hours, it can be disposed of however you see fit. The garbage is a fine place to dispose it, but you can also remove the candle and paper and leave the cupcake itself in a wild place or bury it.
- Don’t reuse that candle. Dispose of it.
You can perform this spell two ways. You can let the other person know you are doing the spell, so that you can both perform it on the phone or while video chatting.
The other option for those still in the broom closet is to perform it yourself, and follow up with a normal phone call to say happy birthday.
You might be surprised that the other person was just thinking about you! That’s because your spirit was momentarily with them after you performed this birthday spell.
Staying connected in any way you can is more important now than ever. This is just one of many ways to stay connected with your loved ones when they celebrate their birthday.
Other Ways To Add Magick To A Long Distance Birthday
If you are looking for more ways to send magick to another person on their birthday, try these simple ideas:
- Bless glitter and pressed flowers and put them into an exploding birthday box. You can bless the glitter and flowers to send blessings of long life, a happy year, new experiences, and similar thoughts.
- Burn a candle for the person celebrating their birthday. Choose a color that represents something you want to increase in the next year of their life. So if you would like to send more creativity (or money!) to the birthday person, choose a green candle.
- If you are both witches, astral project and meet in another land.
- Get them to look up at the stars at the same time as you do, so that you can both feel connected by celestial bodies.
- Grow something in your garden in their honor. Choose a plant that corresponds with a blessing you would life them to have.
- If you are sending them money, bless the money to draw in even more over the next year.
- Make DIY beauty supplies that you have blessed. When the recipient wears them, they will radiate magick and positive energy.
- Make and decorate a birthday cupcake for that person and then offer it to the gods. Ask the gods to protect and bless the birthday person over the next year.
- Place a photo of them on your altar and honor them for a time.
Put these checklists at the beginning of your book of shadows.
As you learn about each of the topics, check them off.
This is a fast and easy way to keep track of what you have learned while studying witchcraft!