Please note that posts on this site may contain affiliate links
Can someone be born a witch?
As we already know, anyone can become a witch with enough practice. But are there some who have a natural tie to magic?
In my opinion and my experience, yes, you can be born a witch. I might even go so far as to say that everyone is born a witch.
As a mother, I have watched my son grow up and he seems to naturally have a grasp of magic. Most kids use magical thinking, in fact. When they beg with, “Please, please, please!” That’s not much different from a chant to will their desire into reality. Wishing on a star is magic, too.
On top of that, kids seem to naturally do things like rain dances to conjure rain, or see cool rocks and sticks and think they have an innate power or spirit to them.
More evidence that we are born with magic powers is that our genetics can change what magic we are best suited for. For instance, your eye color can determine part of your natural magic abilities.
The Signs Of A Natural Born Witch
- A strong connection to nature. Kids who are natural witches will spend all the time they can outside, climbing trees, building forts, playing in the woods, or helping in the garden.
- A natural talent for dealing with animals. Whether they can tame dogs instantly or wild animals like deer and birds are always around them, these children have a close connection and affinity for wildlife.
- Intense spiritual experiences. Natural witches will see fairies in the garden, speak to ghosts late at night, or have experiences with other spirits. These experiences can sometimes turn quite scary if a malignant spirit is near them, but most often they are simple spiritual friends for the children. Maybe give the fairies and offering now and then, though, so that they don’t snatch your kid up!
- Vivid dreams. Dreams in which they are flying, travelling astrally to see family members or friends, or even night terrors are very common with natural witches.
- Past life memories. Those who are natural witches will have an easier time remembering their past lives. This is because they have a stronger connection to the spirit world.
Can A Natural Born Witch Lose Their Magic?
Unfortunately, yes. Through years of being told to stop being weird, children can become jaded and ignore their magic power simply to stop the mockery. Whether from their parents or their friends, these spiritual children can lose their magic through disuse.
So if your children are natural witches like my son is, encourage their spiritual growth. Don’t mock them or tell them that their beliefs are nonsense. You don’t want to damage their development and psychological health.