Please note that posts on this site may contain affiliate links
January is typically a frugal month for a lot of people, and I’m definitely one of them. After spending way too much on gifts and hosting some parties (parties are expensive!), I’m ready to let my wallet heal a little bit.
But like a lot of people, I also use shopping as a bit of an emotional crutch. I have healthy habits I turn to, as well, but I still do too much shopping when I’m stressed or sad just to take my mind off the situation.
I like to use magic to temper my own impulses because it is usually a little bit easier to do than magic that influences outside forces. If I know I need to change, that is an easier thing to work on via magic than changing other people who may be unaware of my intentions (or who actively oppose my intentions).
I have a lot of goals that involve money this year, so it’s important that I gain some self discipline and spend wisely in the coming months. That’s what this spell is all about: gaining self discipline.
If your goals involve money, too, you will definitely benefit from this spell!
Frugal Mindset Pouch
This spell is one that can be customized based on what is available to you. From the list of plants and crystals below, choose a few that you can easily find and that will help you towards your money goals.
- Mace – for self discipline
- Iris flowers – for wisdom
- Ginseng – for personal power
- Fenugreek – for mental clarity
- Irish moss – for money
- Gardenia – to stop outside influences
- Scarlet morning glory – To force you to take the first step toward your goals
- Goldenseal – for healing and money
- Prehnite – for prosperity, abundance, seeking wisdom, and discipline
- Onyx – To enhance self control and wise decision making, as well as banishing any grief over lost money
These ones are must-haves and cannot be exchanged for something else.
- Soil from a wild place (not store bought)
- Green fabric large enough to hold the herbs and crystals you chose
- Black thread to close the pouch
- A quarter
With this spell, you are relying on the power of the Earth element to ground you and help you to find your inner power and self-control. This element will give you both stability and security while you are learning your own limits.
Place a little bit of wild soil, the quarter, the plants you have chosen, and any crystals you have chosen into the center of the green cloth. Bind it up with the black thread while imagining yourself turning away from spending frivolous money.
Place the pouch somewhere safe, like a personal drawer or beneath your bed. Carry it with you whenever you go shopping to stop you from spending frivolously.