Please note that posts on this site may contain affiliate links
Do you worship the moon? The moon is the queen of heaven. She is always there for us. She gives us light during the night and provides warmth and nourishment during the days.
Worshippers of the moon hope she will provide protection and guidance. They pray that her blessings will fall upon their homes and families.
People who worship the moon are often spiritual seekers. They might join a church or synagogue. They seek inspiration from their own dreams and visions.
Many moon worshippers feel drawn toward nature. Their intuition tells them that we are part of a greater whole. That makes them want to be more connected to the environment around them.
What Is The Moon?
The moon is the goddess of the night sky. She represents emotions, intuition, creativity, fertility, magic & witchcraft, dreams, intuition, moods, romance, relationships, sexuality, spirituality, luck, change, the unconscious, and the lunar cycle.
She brings beauty to our world and inspires us to connect with nature. The power of the moon is reflected in its cycles and phases. She connects us with the universe through these changes.
Worshipping the moon involves giving thanks for her blessings. Her presence reminds us that we are part of a larger whole.
We offer prayers of gratitude and ask for direction. We express our desires and wish upon her light. We open ourselves to new possibilities.
Moon worshippers honor the moon’s energy by staying awake at night. We meditate to tap into our own inner wisdom. We dream about possible futures.
Moon worshippers believe that the moon influences our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
A moon lover believes the moon has a powerful effect on the body. It helps balance hormones and encourages menstruation.
It keeps us safe in the face of danger. It protects us from illness and gives us strength. A person who worships the moon is blessed with compassion and empathy.
Does The Moon Affect You?
How do you feel when you see the moon? Do you find it comforting? Or scary? Does it make you happy or sad?
If you’re wondering what the moon means to you, then maybe you should take some time to reflect.
Are you a “moon baby”? If so, you may feel like the moon rules your destiny. No matter what, you know that the moon will be there for you every day.
You may also feel like the moon is calling you to explore your inner self. If this is true, the moon asks you to get creative!
Does the moon affect our health and mood? While there is evidence that the lunar cycle does have an effect on corals and other organisms, there’s no hard proof of that for humans.
But go out and stand under the moon during the different phases. Don’t you feel different? Doesn’t the energy behave differently?
Niall McCrae has written about the moon and madness. He says there is still not enough evidence to prove if the moon affects our mental state. But he does say that we shouldn’t discount the possibility of the moon having any effect at all.
“We can be confident that the Moon does not have a noticeable impact on most people’s lives most of the time, but we cannot rule out the possibility of its role among various environmental factors that might affect our sleep, moods, and vitality,” he says.
“Convincing scientific evidence that the Moon affects human biology or mental health has not yet been found,” Richard Dunn says in The Moon exhibition book. “Nevertheless, its more obvious effects on Earth – through light and gravity and due to its regular cycles – have exerted a powerful influence on how humans have led their lives, whether through the ordering of time, the ability to navigate, or attempts to determine what the future might hold.”
How Can I Connect With The Moon?
When we visualize the moon, we feel calm and centered. We become peaceful and joyous. When we meditate before bedtime, we often dream about the moon.
We experience healing through the moon’s energy. We learn how to channel its powers during spiritual practices.
Here are some ways to connect to the moon during your spiritual practice:
- Use the lunar phases. Each phase has its own gifts. For instance, full moons bring inspiration and motivation. New moons are best for connecting with your inner child.
- Get out in nature. Spend time outside at night during different times of the month. Take a walk around your neighborhood. Feel the breeze on your skin. Maybe even let yourself fall asleep under the stars. Go outside and observe the moon. Notice which aspects of the moon affect you most – the light, the dark, the phases, the crescent shape, etc. Meditate upon these images. Pay attention to the moon’s effects on you. Feel its magic.
- Write down your dreams. What did you dream about last night? What were your waking thoughts? The moon may be a frequent visitor to your space.
- Do ritual magic. Try doing rituals anytime the moon cycle matches your needs. For example, if you’re having difficulty in school, perform a magickal rite to give you a boost. Or, if you need courage, try performing a ritual asking the moon to give you strength. Perform your ritual outdoors or in a special location where you’ll feel comfortable. Invite the moon goddess to participate.
- Meditate on the moon. Moon meditation centers around gazing at her face and feeling the waxing and waning of the moon’s light. Feel the connection between your heart and the heavens. Focus your attention on the moon and let yourself drift. Take note of any changes you notice in your environment or your thoughts.
- Use lunar imagery in your meditation practice. You might create a meditation altar with a statue of the moon. Place candles around the altar. Light incense and burn sage. Add a rosemary sprig or two, a piece of jasmine, lavender, or marigold. Use these scents to create a calming mood.
- Create a bath using water with lunar properties. Let the moonlight seep into the tub. Here are some moon bath ingredient ideas.
During the full moon, we call upon Hekate to assist us in clearing our past, releasing our fears, and opening ourselves to new possibilities. We ask her to help us gain clarity in our lives, to help us transform our inner worlds, and to allow us to move forward with courage and confidence.
It is said that Hekate helps us to overcome obstacles and challenges that stand in our way, and to achieve our goals. In addition to being a benevolent Goddess, she is also a fierce warrior. When we summon her, we invite her to help us take charge of our lives, to lead us into battle, and to fight for justice.
I am an eclectic witch - I've been practicing since 1974. As a student of the occult, working with astrology, tarot cards, runes, and numerology, I found that this was a very comprehensive and well written text on working with Hekate during the full moon. Highly recommended. - Gail Sager
Great read - a must have for anyone interested in working with the Goddess during the full moon! Highly recommended! - Luis Meyer