Please note that posts on this site may contain affiliate links
During the warmer months, I sip on this cooling herbal iced tea every evening.
Because my hormones are a little out of whack, I tend to get very hot at night, and sweating in bed is awful.
When this first started happening, I was desperate for a natural remedy for hot flashes!
The good news is that this recipe for a cooling herbal iced tea has helped me to beat the night sweats, and it’s easy to make! You can make a big batch all at once, or just make enough for one night.
Either way, this herbal iced tea isn’t just lovely to drink, it smells and looks beautiful, too.
The rose and hibiscus petals make the tea sweat and bright red.
It’s important that you use the flowers of the red clover in this tea and try to avoid the other parts.
Historically, only the flower was used to help with hormonal issues, and I prefer to stick with what has worked for ages.
Cooling Herbal Iced Tea Recipe
- 1/2 part mint
- 1 part rose petals
- 1 part hibiscus petals
- 1 part red clover flowers
- Put each ingredient into a mason jar or larger glass container.
- It is helpful to use cheesecloth or another material to keep herbal particles from free floating in the mixture, but you can also strain it into another container if you prefer.
- Pour hot water over the ingredients and allow it to steep.
- My personal preference is to let the herbs steep overnight. I allow the water to cool to the touch, and then place the container in the fridge to cool further overnight.
- Enjoy as often as you like. It is best to take it an hour or two before you usually get your hot flashes or before bed.
You may be wondering how these herbs can be used to make this tea magickal.
Every herb has a magickal essence that can be used to make every dish and herbal tea we make into a witchy ritual.
Learning the magickal correspondences of the herbs we use most often can help us to keep even the mundane parts of our lives magickal.
Here are the magickal correspondences of the herbs used in this herbal iced tea.
|Fire element, water element, prosperity, abundance, good fortune, cleansing, consecration, awakens psychic senses, justice magick
|Love, romance, female intuition, psychic powers, health, good luck, wish fulfillment, prophetic dreams, protection magick, attracting fairies
|Sun magick, Venus magick, divination, clairvoyance, increase spirituality
|Prosperity, lust, love, fidelity, success, luck, blessing of pets, consecrating ritual tools made of copper, banish negative spirits
Enjoy Your Herbal Iced Tea
I hope that this herbal iced tea recipe helps you to keep cool this summer!
One note for you is that I don’t recommend doing a cold brew herbal iced tea.
Herbal teas need to be boiled to kill off bacteria that may be on the tea.
Plus, heating the tea up first allows any sweetener added to mix in properly.
This can easily become a healthy homemade drink that you consume every day, or just when the weather is especially hot.
Either way, you’ll be amazed at how much this herbal tea cools you down and helps you regulate your body temperature!
If you’d like to download an offline copy of this post as a PDF, you can do that here.
During the full moon, we call upon Hekate to assist us in clearing our past, releasing our fears, and opening ourselves to new possibilities. We ask her to help us gain clarity in our lives, to help us transform our inner worlds, and to allow us to move forward with courage and confidence.
It is said that Hekate helps us to overcome obstacles and challenges that stand in our way, and to achieve our goals. In addition to being a benevolent Goddess, she is also a fierce warrior. When we summon her, we invite her to help us take charge of our lives, to lead us into battle, and to fight for justice.
I am an eclectic witch - I've been practicing since 1974. As a student of the occult, working with astrology, tarot cards, runes, and numerology, I found that this was a very comprehensive and well written text on working with Hekate during the full moon. Highly recommended. - Gail Sager
Great read - a must have for anyone interested in working with the Goddess during the full moon! Highly recommended! - Luis Meyer
- Mercurial Wisdom: Peppermint Plant Profile — Worts + Cunning Apothecary | Intersectional Herbalism + Magickal Arts. (2020). Retrieved 26 August 2020, from http://www.wortsandcunning.com/blog/mercurial-wisdom-peppermint-plant-profile
- 9 Lovely Rose Magical Properties [With a Special Spells and Rites]. (2019). Retrieved 26 August 2020, from https://magickalspot.com/rose-magical-properties/
- Hibiscus Flowers from Alchemy Works – Herbs for Witchcraft and Ritual Magick. (2020). Retrieved 26 August 2020, from https://www.alchemy-works.com/herb_hibiscus.html
- Red Clover – Magic and Medicinal Uses. (2020). Retrieved 26 August 2020, from https://honeycoyote.tumblr.com/post/87230394465/red-clover-magic-and-medicinal-uses