Please note that posts on this site may contain affiliate links
Last Updated on
Happiness can be hard to find in our modern world. Just turn on the news and I’m sure at least some of your happiness will be sucked right out of you. I mean, there are wars, atrocities, murders, a crazy person in the White House! Even the most mentally healthy person would be hard pressed not to be depressed when faced with all of that.
But we need to foster that happiness within ourselves so that we can have the strength to help make the world better. Or at least to have the strength to carry on through our days!
So there are of course mundane ways to heal our emotions and find balance and happiness, but we know that witches don’t have to solely rely on therapy and pills. We have magic that we can blend with other forms of mood boosters and emotional self-care practices, enhancing the power of the mundane options and nourishing our souls at the same time.
This mood-boosting spell will help you to release grief and depression and make space in your soul that can be refilled with positivity.
- A feather
- Moon water
- Clear quartz
- Lavender essential oil
- Vetiver essential oil
- The Strength card from a tarot deck
- Gather all of your ingredients at a table in front of a south-facing window at between noon and 1pm. You can be outside instead.
- Place your Strength card at the top of the table, then swipe your feather 5 times over the Strength card and towards you. This ushers in the card’s positive energy to you.
- Take your feather and annoint it with moon water first, then lavender essential oil, then vetiver, stroking towards yourself the whole time.
- With your rose quartz, wave it around your body and all around the feather.
- Once your feather has been prepared, take it outside and ask it to carry away all of your unhappiness, then leave it on the ground or allow the wind to carry it out of your hand.
- Follow this ritual up with other forms of self care.
Why I Chose These Ingredients
- I chose to use a feather because they are symbolically linked to freedom, angels, and encouragement.
- I chose moon water because both water and the moon are linked to our emotions. It is a cleansing and purifying liquid that also connects us to our spirituality.
- I chose clear quartz because it amplifies the intentions of any spell and it absorbs negative energy.
- I chose lavender essential oil because it is a calming and relaxing oil that can help with anxiety and depression.
- I chose vetiver essential oil because it is a calming and grounding scent associated with healing trauma.
- I chose the Strength card from the tarot deck because it is associated not only with strength but compassion, which is something we should all cultivate for ourselves.