Please note that posts on this site may contain affiliate links
Why should you bless an object if you’re a witch?
It’s obvious: every object in our home carries the energy put into it by ourselves or other people.
Usually that will be neutral or good energy, but what do you do when it’s bad energy?
You need to bless an object with a spell after you cleanse that object because if you don’t, you run the risk of keeping cursed objects and bad energy in your home.
To keep your living space peaceful, you should follow the spell instructions below.
Remove curses from objects when you bring them into your home. This spell will help you remove curses and negative energy from objects.
Every now and then, we all buy, are given, or own an object with negative energy attached to it.
Sometimes those are items that you had when you received bad news, like your grandma’s ring that you were wearing when she died.
You want to keep those objects in your life, but they are painful reminders of bad times.
Other times, those objects came to you with the bad energy attached, like a thrift store scarf that gives you an ominous, negative feeling.
No one wants those kinds of negative emotions in their home or their life.
At times like these, you need to bless and cleanse the object so that the negative energy can be banished and positive energy can begin to flow into the object.
Can A Witch Bless An Object With Holy Water?
If you believe in the efficacy of holy water, I don’t see anything wrong with using it to bless an object.
Make sure it was actually blessed by a priest, however.
There are scam artists out there that sell fake holy water.
But if you have a bad relationship with Christianity, I would stay far away from holy water.
That bad association can only make things worse.
You can’t bless an object with something that you see as evil, annoying, or bad!
How Can You Easily Bless An Object That Has Negative Energy?
There are a number of witchy or pagan-friendly options to cleanse and bless and object.
Here are a few options:
Cleansing An Object
Before you bless an object, you need to remove the negative energy with a cleansing.
Here are a few things to try:
- Use incense smoke to cleanse your object. Dragon’s blood, frankincense, myrrh, and benzoin are popular options for object cleansing.
- Bathe the object in essential oils. I like to use lemon to represent the sun. Don’t use oils on anything that may become oil stained, like clothing.
- Wash the negative item in warm soapy water, then allow it to dry in the sun for a few days.
- Soak the object in water with sea salt. Use enough salt for the water to taste like the sea.
- Actually wash the object in the sea.
- Jewelry can be buried, where the earth will absorb the negativity.
Blessing An Object
Once your item is cleansed of negative energy, you can then begin the work of blessing it.
The important thing is to set a positive intention for the item. Don’t just assume that a blessing spell will work without giving the item a purpose.
I have found blessings to be most powerful under a full moon, but any night will be good enough if you’re in a hurry.
It also helps to meditate before you go into a blessing or any spell, really. You just want to clear your head as much as possible.
Bless An Object Spell
This is a simple pagan blessing spell for objects that have been cleansed of negative energy.
This is perfect for antique or thrift store items that may have carried negative energy when bought, or objects that you had during a negative time of your life.
- 1 white candle
- 1 small piece of paper
- 1 pen
- 1 burning incense
- The item you are blessing
- With your intention in your mind, light the candle and begin burning your incense.
- Hold your object first over the incense, then over the flame of the candle. Repeat your intention in your mind or out loud.
- Set the object at the base of your candle.
- With the paper and pen, write down your intention.
- Rub the paper on the object. Really focus on the intention.
- Fold the paper, then hold it with tweezers or some other metal utensil and allow it all to burn.
- Blow out the candle and take the object into your hand. If the object is too large to take with you, simply repeat your intention to it either out loud or in your mind.
- Take the ashes outside and place them under a tree. Repeat your intention in your mind or out loud.
- Go inside, and thank the object for holding your intention. That’s it!
Learn how to bless a loved one on their birthday, even when you can't be near them.